Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The new year

I do make New Year's resolutions, but I never remember what they were when the year ends. So, this time, I am creating a new blog to help me stay on track. As you can guess from my blog title, my major goal is to stay active and healthy. There are many ways to do this - some physical, some mental. As of today, here are some things I'm doing to stay healthy in 2014:

1. Follow my workout schedule - and complete the workouts with focus. Last year, I started out with a whimper, notched it up a bit in the spring, and then lost all focus and desire. I think I've figured out what my problem was (that's all in the past - no need to dwell on it now) so this year should be much better.
2. Challenge myself - sign up for races that scare me for one reason or another AND attend workouts that my freak me out a bit.
3. Stay positive and spend time with people who have positive, healthy outlooks on  life.
4. Improve my eating habits - I think I've been in denial about some of my bad habits (e.g. snacks that have zero nutritional value). I'm starting a change by jumping in on this challenge. I also finally ordered a Vitamix. (I've been eyeing one for awhile, but the cost made me think twice).

No comments:

Post a Comment